As of today, there are nine weeks until Cemetery Tours is released. I’ve been thinking about things I can do to kind of spread the word, generate some interest, etc…
To mark the nine-week point, I thought I’d share my Cemetery Tours soundtrack. Every time I start a new project, one of the first things I do is create a playlist full of songs that inspire that particular story. One of my writing teachers in grad school told me that creating a soundtrack was stupid and that sharing it with people was a guaranteed way to get them to not take me seriously. I hated his class and would love nothing more than to spite him in any way that I can.
That being said, here is the soundtrack to Cemetery Tours. Enjoy!
1. “Superman (It’s Not Easy)” by Five For Fighting
2. “Cemetery” by Good Charlotte
3. “Mad World” by Gary Jules (Originally by Tears for Fears)
4. “Can’t Let it Go” by the Goo Goo Dolls
5. “Terrified” by Katharine McPhee, featuring Zachary Levi
6. “Blink of an Eye” by Hodges
7. “Hello” by Evanescence
8. “Colors” by Amos Lee
9. “Winter” by Joshua Radin
10. “My Side of the Story” by Hodges
11. “Paul’s Song” by Bullet
12. “Run” by Snow Patrol
13. “Broken” by Lifehouse
14. “Haunted” by Taylor Swift
15. “Ghostbusters” by Ray Parker Jr.
Because of course, you can’t have a soundtrack to a ghost story without “Ghostbusters!” By the way, this might be the best music video I’ve ever seen in my life. It is so beautifully 80s, it makes me want to cry. In a good way.