I am thrilled to announce that A Platform of Sorts has been nominated for another award!
Thank you so much to the awesome T. Edward Redd at http://fictionfanaticandromance.wordpress.com for nominating me!
Here are the rules for The Sunshine Award:
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
- Present 10 deserving Bloggers with the Award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
- Write 10 interesting things about you
I hereby present the Sunshine Award to the following bloggers:
Now… 10 interesting things about me…
1) I wrote my first book in preschool.
2) I love traveling but I don’t like flying. I would much rather drive.
3) When I was in seventh grade, toe socks were a huge fad, but I couldn’t wear them because I have two webbed toes on both feet (worse on my right than my left though).
4) One of my favorite trips I ever took was to Hot Springs, Arkansas. I went with my church choir in January 2003 and every night, we went swimming outside in the heated pool. Also, the insides of all of our ears turned green.
5) I love to swing dance, but haven’t been in ages.
6) I had a poem published in my University’s Arts Journal in the “Best Of” Edition. No one told me about it though, so I found out because one of my friends came up to me and congratulated me. I hated that poem. It was so awful and I’m so embarrassed to admit I wrote it. I wish they had published the one I wrote about slaughtering a cockroach instead. That poem is magical and hilarious and probably the best thing I’ve ever written.
7) When I was in high school, my friends and I invented our own tropical island called BanaCoco. It had a Pirates Hotel, a church named after St. Francis of Assisi, and a bike trail that went all around the island. I still kind of want to live there.
8) When I was in Calculus my senior year of high school, my teacher went around and handed out applications for kids he thought could pass the AP test. I didn’t get one.
9) I’ve worked several odd jobs in my life from camp counselor to lifeguard to cashier to wedding photographer. For the record, camp counselor/lifeguard was both my favorite and the cause of one or two mental breakdowns.
10) When I was nine, I won a goldfish from the State Fair and she actually survived for a year and two months.