I have a friend who just began working a job in social media and marketing and advertising. Tonight, she told me that the best way to get a lot of hits on your blog is to post every day.
I guess a good writer/author/blogger would never admit that she has nothing significant to write about at the moment, but that’s what I’m going to do. I’ve written a couple of deep blog posts this week, and right now, I’m a bit tapped out, so I’m basically just writing the first things I think of that are even mildly interesting.
1) Sherlock is on TV. I love Sherlock. I’m trying not to watch it though, because I really want to make some good progress on the book annnnd if I watch Sherlock, I literally will not do anything else.
Seriously, who can NOT watch this show?! Or pretty much anything when Benedict Cumberbatch is on screen?
Okay sorry, my Inner Fangirl is beginning to emerge. I’ll try to reel her back out. Honestly though, this series is so good and all the actors are simply brilliant. And of course, there are so many Smaug and Bilbo jokes to be made (if you’re also a Tolkien nerd, which I am).
2) I’m really trying to connect with more authors and aspiring writers, so if you have written a book or want to write a book, please follow me here or on GoodReads or anywhere else. I love helping other writers.
3) I’m also really hoping to get more reviews on Cemetery Tours. Of course, I’d love it if you bought the book and read it and gave it a review, but if you have some free time and you like reviewing books, I’d be happy to email you a manuscript in exchange for good and honest reviews on Amazon and GoodReads. Barnes and Noble would be awesome too, but I think Amazon and GoodReads are key.
4) I got another really great review from another fellow blogger. Thank you so much, http://tjwiltshire.wordpress.com!
5) Apparently used copies of Cemetery Tours are really valuable in the UK.
I hope everyone has a super spectacular weekend! I’m off to work on my book.
And watch Sherlock.