Hi, everyone! Lots of exciting things are happening. My second book signing has been scheduled for July, we have less than a month until Between Worlds is released, and I just found out I’ve been nominated for another Liebster Award! Thank you so much Veronica and Ashley of http://citygirlscapes.com for nominating me!
For this award, nominees are supposed to answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them and then list 11 facts about themselves. I’ve been really short on blog ideas lately, because all I am doing with my life right now is proofreading (yay), so this is a great opportunity for me to spread the love and get a little writing and blogging in! Thank you again, Veronica and Ashley!
1. What is your reading platform of choice: an e-reader or an actual, physical book?
Actual physical book all the way. I love pages, I love the smell of books, there’s just nothing better.
2. Inspired by Bird Box by Josh Malerman, if you had to live blindfolded, what would you most miss seeing?
Forests and oceans and lakes and mountains.
3. Where in the world would you travel if nothing was stopping you?
Australia, Fiji, Spain, Italy, Alaska, Caribbean, back to Scotland… the list goes on and on.
4. What TV show do you never miss an episode of?
The Big Bang Theory. I watch it religiously.
5. If you could sit down for dinner with one celebrity, who would it be and what would you say to break the ice?
Benedict Cumberbatch, and I’d probably say something really awkward and stupid like, “Hi, I’m single. Let’s get married.”
6. What inspired you to start blogging?
I started this blog when I began exploring the publishing world. It began as a way to document the process, but now I use it for connecting with fellow writers and readers.
7. Do you have a landline telephone or do you only have a cell phone?
Only a cell phone.
8. What was the last thing that made you laugh really, really hard?
A Very Potter Senior Year by Team Starkid.
9. Who do you look up to?
My parents, my sister, and John Green.
10. What is your dream job?
I think I’m supposed to say “author,” and it is, but truly, my dream job would be just being so filthy rich that I could travel and take pictures and save marine life. That, or Disney Princess.
11. Where do you want to see yourself in 5-10 years?
I would love to become a #1 Best Selling author by the time I’m 30, but I’d settle for mid-30s also. I’m also hoping to be traveling!
1. I don’t drink coffee or soda or anything with carbonation, not because I like to be healthy, but because I do not like the taste or the fizz.
2. I once stole a cross necklace from my church. Technically, it was my choir cross and it was going to be thrown out anyway. But my friends and I all snuck into the choir room and smuggled our crosses out on the last day. We called ourselves The Crucifixers. FYI the cross is still proudly displayed in my room.
3. My ideal man (besides Benedict Cumberbatch) is Niles Crane from Frasier. I even named my car after him.
4. I don’t like scented markers. After my grandmother died when I was six, people brought a lot of gifts over to our house, and for some reason, I got like, three packages of scented markers. To this day, the smell takes me right back.
5. I once stuck my finger inside of our old typewriter to understand how it worked. I ended up with an O on my finger.
6. My great-grandparents were friends with Colonel Sanders, aka the guy on the KFC box (though I may have shared this before, it is my one claim to fame).
7. I’m a Ravenclaw.
8. My favorite actor is Geoffrey Rush. I love him in everything, especially PIRATES!
9. Even though I’ve been out of school for two years, I still have nightmares about not studying for exams and incomplete assignments.
10. I won a goldfish from the state fair when I was 9. She lived 14 months!
11. I’ve had a lot of people question my ethnicity because of my hair. The truth is I have the most boring heritage ever. Scottish, Welsh, and French, with a hint of German and Irish. The curly hair comes from Scotland. I fit in quite nicely while I was there!
Here are your Questions!
1. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. Do you have a favorite go-to snack or drink for whenever you’re reading or writing?
3. Are there any movie adaptations of favorite books that you either really loved or really hated?
4. Mac or PC?
5. If you could have any pet in the world, what would it be?
6. What book would you like to forget so that you could go back and experience reading it for the first time again?
7. Where is your favorite place you’ve ever been?
8. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
9. If you could visit one fictional or mythical place, where would you go?
10. Do you have a favorite writing/reading spot?
11. If you could meet three people throughout history, who would you meet?