Ed Sheeran is coming to Dallas on September 5. I am determined to go see him and, if at all possible, I am determined that my sister go with me. The only reason that might be a problem is because she goes to school kind of far away and she might be involved in a musical production at that time. But we’re going to hope for the best.
Tickets for some stadiums go on pre-sale on April 6, but I’m not sure if Dallas will be on that list or not. If not, then the tickets will be on sale April 10. I’m guessing that they’ll be a bit pricey. It is Ed Sheeran, after all. But I don’t care. This is one of those concerts that’s like… I have to see it. I just have to. And I’ve comprised a list of reasons to justify this need.
1. Ed Sheeran is a very, very talented musician. He started out on the streets. Now he’s one of the biggest artists in the world. He deserves the support.
2. He’s also a very good person. He performed at a couple’s wedding recently after they’d struggled to finance it. He’s just a good guy. Again, we need to support him.
3. I recently wrote a book about musicians and I need to go to this concert for research.
4. My sister is a music major and it will be good for her to see a professional musician in action.
5. I intend to marry Ed Sheeran one day and it might be awkward if, after he proposes to me, I have to confess that I haven’t been to any of his shows.
6. This is a high-quality life experience, like drinking fine wine or seeing the ocean. Life is short and I’ll regret it forever if I don’t take this opportunity.
7. The “Thinking Out Loud” music video.
8. I bet you anything Ed Sheeran would totally come to my book signing if he actually knew who I was. He just seems to be a caring and generous person like that.
9. I believe sharing this experience with my sister will make me a better person. In fact, it will make both of us better people. Ed Sheeran has that effect.
10. He’s British.
You see? I don’t really have a choice here. I need to go to this concert. I’m sure you all will agree with me.