Alright people. It’s October 21. That means we only have ten days left to celebrate one of the greatest feast days of the year: All Hallow’s Eve.
Halloween has always been a big deal in my family. What’s not to love? The pumpkins, the magic, the spooks, the costumes… I think everyone becomes more of a believer in the things that can’t be explained around this time of year.
That being said, I intend to savor every second I have left of these ten days. So, without further ado, I present
Jacqueline E. Smith’s Halloween Essentials
- A trip to the pumpkin patch.
- A haunting soundtrack full of classic Halloween hits.
- A Halloween movie marathon. This marathon MUST include at least three separate viewings of Hocus Pocus.
- Candy Corns and Mellowcreme Pumpkins.
- Scented candles.
- Finding your ideal costume. If you can’t find it, make it! One year in college when I was particularly broke, I went as The One-Eyed-One-Horned-Flying-Purple-People-Eater and I made my own wings and horn. I looked a little deranged, but the wings looked AMAZING.
- Decorations galore.
- A unique design for your Jack-O-Lantern. Now, I’ve been carving my own Jack-O-Lanterns for years, but scraping out all the insides and carving can be a bit tiresome, so it might not be for everyone. Especially if you don’t like pulp under your nails.
- A black light bulb. When I was little, my mom would ALWAYS light a black light on All Hallow’s Eve. It’s simply not the Witching Hour without one.
- A black cat. Naturally. Where would I be without my beautiful Witch’s Familiar?
- A good ghost story. Of course! And you can get Cemetery Tours on Kindle for only $2.99 for the remainder of October.
What are your Halloween Essentials?
Awesome! An old metal shoe horn is the ultimate pumpkin cleaner outer. Also add “Dead Man’s Party” to the play list.
Oooooh excellent! Thank you!
Great post! 🙂
LOVE your costume! And I hate mellowcremes! YUCK! Candy corn, YESSSS!
Oh nooooooo! Well, they’re not for everyone! I will eat all your pumpkins! Haha! And thank you!
OMG you can have em! LOL