Wow, I am still on a high. My sister and I just got back from seeing the new Ghostbusters movie… OMG y’all. OMG. I loved it. I loved it so, so, so much.
As you may or may not know, sometimes, when a movie makes me feel things, I post reviews. Sometimes I like the movies. Sometimes, I don’t.
Ghostbusters turned out to be everything I didn’t dare to hope for.
Let me preface this by saying I have seen the original about half a dozen times, but I’m not sure I’ve ever actually watched it. I try, but every time, I end up thinking, “This is a weird 80s movie. I like the song, and I like it because it’s a classic ghost movie, but it’s not one I’ll watch over and over again.”
This new Ghostbusters is the exact opposite for me. I was not a fan of the new Fall Out Boy song when it was first released, and to be honest, I didn’t have high hopes for the movie because of it. It turned out that new song is the ONLY thing I didn’t like about this movie.
SPOILER WARNING. DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE MOVIE SPOILED.
So. Without further ado…
Thoughts on Ghostbusters
- I wonder if this movie is going to be the same story but with girls…?
- Wow. I’m impressed by how creepy this mansion backstory is.
- Silly metrosexual tour guide trying to scare everyone with trick candles. Jerk.
- Woah. Is this going to be sinister?
- Aw, Kristen Wiig is cute. She’s so excited to be teaching in a big classroom. And I think her outfit is adorable. She’s a little dork.
- I know Holtzman has a real name but I can’t stop thinking of her as Justin Beiber.
- Benny, I don’t think you even tried to get Abby’s order right.
- I don’t know for sure, but I’m FAIRLY certain Abby published hers and Erin’s book through CreateSpace. Shout out to Indie Authors!
- Holtzman is legit crazy and I love her. Like, I think one of her lines is even, “I’m crazy.” And the Pringles. Just standing there eating Pringles while facing down a ghost. Like, what even?! Hahahaha!
- YouTube can be a career killer. Remember that.
- Poor Erin.
- The humor in this is spot on. I can’t even count the moments that made me laugh out loud. And the movie has barely even started.
- Hey! They get the old fire stations!
- LOL JK they can’t afford it.
- Aw, Benny. You can’t even get it ride when she lives right upstairs?
- Leslie Jones is so happy and friendly and positive! Awwww!
- “It smells like burnt bologna and regrets down here.”
- OMG. KEVIN.
- I LOVE YOU.
- MARRY ME.
- “FISH TANKS ARE SUBMARINES FOR FISH.”
- HE’S SO STUPID AND ADORABLE.
- PLEASE GOD, SEND ME A KEVIN.
- Oh my God. It’s Bill Murray.
- Cameos make my life.
- “Room full of nightmares! Thought this was going to be a book club or something!” Why is this the most quotable movie ever?
- The funny thing about this ghost demon being loose at this gothic rock concert is that because this is set in 2016 and not in the 80s, none of those people are scared! They think it’s just part of the special effects! Interesting how a few decades changes perception and possibility.
- Dancing. Kevin dancing. I enjoy the Kevin dance.
- Bless his little heart, he is the worst receptionist ever.
- Bill Murray came to visit! OMG! I am laughing so hard right now.
- WTF. Did they just kill Bill Murray?!
- So much for future cameos, huh?
- I really hope there’s a sequel to this movie. And that it’s better than the sequel to the first movie.
- “If looking good is a crime then guilty as charged!” Leslie Jones got the best lines in this movie.
- ANNIE POTTS! ANNIE POTTS SIGHTING!
- The creepy little antagonist killed himself. I can see where this is going.
- Melissa McCarthy is actually really good at playing creepy and possessed.
- “THE POWER OF PATTY COMPELS YOU!”
- KEVIN! KEVIN NO! HE JUST WANTS TO BE A GHOSTBUSTER! HE DOESN’T WANT TO HURT ANYBODY!
- NO KEVIN WHY.
- GOD EVEN AS A POSSESSED EVIL CREEPER I WANT TO RIP CHRIS HEMSWORTH’S CLOTHES OFF.
- IF HE’S POSSESSED WHY IS HE STILL SPEAKING WITH AN AUSTRALIAN ACCENT?
- Seriously. Let’s take a minute to think here. If he were possessed by an American ghost, he would adopt the speech patters of that American ghost, right?! Because it’s the ghost talking! Not him!
- OH WELL WHO CARES.
- PROTECT KEVIN AT ALL COSTS. I REPEAT. PROTECT KEVIN AT ALL COSTS.
- I think it’s funny how they didn’t even try to make the graphics decent in this movie. They all still look exactly like the 80s ghosts. And I kind of appreciate that.
- SLIMER GETS REVENGE.
- SLIMER GETS TO JOYRIDE IN THE GHOSTMOBILE.
- SLIMER GETS A GIRLFRIEND.
- SLIMER VICTORIOUS.
- Meanwhile Kevin is still being evil and I’m still being thirsty.
- DAN AKROYD. WE HAVE DAN AKROYD.
- “AND I AIN’T AFRAID OF NO GHOST.”
- GOD BLESS THIS MOVIE AND EVERYONE ASSOCIATED WITH IT.
- WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FALL OUT BOY.
- OH WHAT THE HELL. BLESS THEM TOO. THEY TRIED.
- OMG they got crushed by the Stay Puffed Marshmallow man.
- “This is EXACTLY how I imagined my death.” Holtzman’s lines are all gold.
- I’m so impressed by how this is kind of like the original but really, not like the original at all. Totally new story and I love it! In fact, I love it more than the first one.
- Although I miss Rick Moranis.
- WHEN IS HIS CAMEO?!
- Yay, yay, Erin saves the day. We didn’t really think they’d kill Abby, did we?
- KEVIN. KEVIN IS ALIVE. AND HE’S GOT A SANDWICH.
- LET ME LOVE YOU, KEVIN.
- ABBY. WHY WOULD YOU TOSS HIS SANDWICH?
- AND HE LOOKS SO HAPPY WHEN SOMEONE TOSSES IT RIGHT BACK.
- KEVIN WINS EVERYTHING.
- Oh my God. Oh my God. YES. ERNIE HUDSON IS PATTY’S UNCLE. HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS COMING?! THE CAMEOS ARE COMPLETE EXCEPT FOR RICK AND HAROLD RAMIS, REST IN PEACE, WHO HOPEFULLY MADE AN APPEARANCE AS A REAL GHOST.
- WAIT. WAIT. SIGOURNEY WEAVER AS HOLTZMAN’S MENTOR. OMG THEY’RE BOTH CRAZY AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
- Even the credits in this movie are pure gold!
- KEVIN DANCING. KEVIN DANCING.
- I WILL NEVER LOVE ANOTHER MAN THE WAY I LOVE KEVIN.