2016 was an interesting year to say the very least. I know several people who are more than ready to bid this year a rather disdainful adieu. But you know, 2016 wasn’t all political warfare and celebrity deaths. I can’t speak for everyone, but there are several moments from the past year on which I will look back with fondness.
And what better way to look back than with Instagram pictures?
- Birthday Party at Painting with a Twist.
2. Hot Chocolate by the fire.
3. Hiking the ENTIRE 9 miles around White Rock Lake.
4. Camping and sleeping outside for the very first time.
5. Adventures at Fossil Rim and Glen Rose Dinosaur Park.
6. My sister’s junior voice recital.
7. The Little Mermaid, Wicked, and The Book of Mormon (not pictured).
8. Book Events.
9. Earth Day Celebration.
10. A visit to Pioneer Village.
11. My best friend moved home to Texas! This was definitely the best thing to happen to me this year!
12. I took a dream vacation by myself to the Outer Banks of North Carolina, climbed two lighthouses, and visited the wild mustangs who live on the beaches.
13. I traveled to Arkansas to see my sister perform in Pinocchio.
14. A stop in to pay my respects to those buried at Showman’s Rest in Hugo, Oklahoma… the same graveyard featured in the third Cemetery Tours novel, After Death.
15. Published the third book in the Boy Band Series and had a short story featured in Lurking in the Shadows!
16. Reconnected with old friends at my ten-year high school reunion.
17. Met Aaron Watson.
18. Celebrated the release of a “new” Harry Potter book… and was officially sorted into Ravenclaw!
19. Boy Band and Backstage won a few cool awards!
20. My sister and I traveled to Oklahoma to see 5 Seconds of Summer.
21. I donated 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love.
22. Found out I haven’t lost my touch at this Dave and Buster’s arcade game.
23. We all realized our childhood dreams of becoming Pokemon Masters.
24. Had an amazing experience at the Texas Teen Book Festival (and got to spend the weekend with my dear friend Kara!)
25. Boy Band was featured in a SugarScape article! THIS was so very cool.
26. Ghost hunting, sunrises on the beach, exploring submarines and World War II warships in Galveston.
27. I met Daymond John and gave him a copy of Cemetery Tours and a hug.
28. Sold books and ate the most amazing cheesecake on a stick at Texas Renaissance Festival.
29. Met a childhood hero.
30. Saw my sister perform in the Phantom of the Opera.
31. Found adventure in Lubbock (and trust me, that is not easy).
32. Returned to the stage for the first time since grad school.
33. And of course, read lots and lots and lots of books.
It looks like you had a fun year! Best wishes for the New Year! 😊
Holy moly what a year it was! I love how you captured it through photos ❤ Happy new year, Jax!