I have a lot of stuff on my mind. That can be a good thing. I think I’d rather have too much to think about than absolutely nothing. However, it does my brain a little muddled and distracted having all these different thoughts floating around. All these thoughts are mostly combinations of things I need to do, things I want to do, and things that I want to share. I also want to keep updating semi-regularly, because I feel like I’ve been doing a good job with that recently. I also need to keep talking and spreading the word about…
1. Today’s challenge has been converting Cemetery Tours into a file suitable for Kindle and other eBooks. Now, the company I used will do that for you. However, when I clicked the “read through” version, I noticed several things wrong. The title, for example, was so huge, the word “Cemetery” didn’t fit into one line. It ended up looking like this…
Not gonna work. It was also missing a table of contest and the ISBN number was wrong. So, I had to go and reformat the entire things. It wasn’t too difficult, unless you count creating that stupid table of contents. That was torture. But I’m not good with computers, so maybe it was just me. Although I think the most difficult task is over, I will still be working on it for the rest of the weekend to make sure it’s ready for Tuesday.
2. I really like LinkedIn. However, I keep clicking on people’s profiles over and over again to scroll through their “connections” to see if I can find anyone else I know and I’m afraid it’s telling the people that I keep viewing their profiles over and over again and that they’ll think I’m a stalker. So… any of my friends on LinkedIn who are reading this, I’m sorry. I promise I’m not creeping on you (I save that for Facebook).
3. I have to start getting serious about the release party. I’ll probably have about three or four lists to make this weekend. That’s okay though, because I like planning and I like making lists. I would kind of rather be doing that than formatting for Kindle. I’m telling you, formatting is my absolute least favorite part of the publishing process. Seriously, it sucks.
4. I need to order two books ASAP to send in to the Library of Congress.
5. I need to start focusing on getting the sequel going. I’m on Chapter 7 right now, but for as long as I’ve been writing, Chapter 7 has always been the bane of my existence. I am not kidding. Every single book I write, I always get stuck on Chapter 7 and it takes like, four times as long to finish it as it should. Chapter 7 is obviously cursed.
6. As much as I need to focus on the sequel, however, my muse is really wanting to work on my other stuff tonight. I know a lot of writers say that you need to pick a book and stick with it. However, you have to reward yourself sometime. You always write the best stuff when you write what you want to write (Say that ten times fast. Go!).
7. I just know I’m going to forget something really crucial about this whole publishing process, which is why I feel compelled to write everything down.
8. I need to start hanging up my little postcards on more community boards. Here’s a picture of the ones that I hung up in Starbucks last week.
9. If you’ve written a book, please leave me a link in the comment section below! I want to support you!!
Here are all my links:
10. If you have any marketing advice, words of wisdom on getting my book out there, please leave a comment of send me a message! Any tips, experiences, or stories are so appreciated! Thank you!
11. I really want to watch The Count of Monte Cristo, but of course, I can’t find my DVD.
12. I found out that Julianne Moore has been cast as the villainous President Coin in Mockingjay Parts I and II. While I’m sure Ms. Moore will do a fantastic job, I’ll admit that I was hoping for Viola Davis to get the role. For some reason, when I read the book, she is the one I envisioned. She’s such a brilliant actress and she’s so beautiful!!!