Today was relatively uneventful. I’ve been sick with some sort of upper respiratory thing since last Saturday. I was better yesterday, but this morning, I woke up with another sore throat. Hopefully it’s just having one last hurrah before it finally leaves my body once and for all! Or at least until next time…
On a more writing-related note, I’m going to meet with the woman who edited my manuscript on Monday. I’m very excited to hear her thoughts and critiques. Slightly less excited about editing again since it always takes a lot longer than I think it will, but I am looking forward to taking the final steps to improving my book and hopefully getting it ready to send out to agents and publishers (that is, if they ask to see it). I guess that means my next step, after editing, will be writing a really outstanding query letter.
Easier said than done.
In the mean time, here are some scandalous confessions.
1. I don’t like reading, writing, or watching action scenes. I think they’re so boring.
2. The only classic old movie that I really enjoy is White Christmas.
3. I despise Hagrid from Harry Potter. I resent him for living while all of my favorite characters ended up dead or earless.
4. I’ve never seen the original Star Wars trilogy because Yoda scares me.
5. My favorite movie in the world is Titanic and I still bawl my eyes out every time I watch it.
6. Ironically, I’ve never watched Titanic all the way through. I always skip the beginning because sunken ships also scare me.
7. Whenever I start a new story, I create a specific playlist on iTunes that I think would be the soundtrack to the movie. When I actually start to write that story, everything plays out like a movie in my head, and I write what I see.
8. I don’t understand anyone who thinks that Katniss should have ended up with Gale.
9. I tried reading A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L’Engle in elementary school but I stopped because I got jealous of Vicky’s ability to communicate with dolphins. I finally read it at the beginning of 2010 after watching the Disney Channel Original Movie on YouTube. It is now one of my very favorite books.
For the life of me, I can’t think of a Number 10, so I think I’ll just get back to writing my new manuscript and leave it at that!
Until next time! 🙂