It’s one of those days where I have like, a bajillion errands to run, so this blog post is just going to consist of all the thoughts stomping around inside my head. I’m writing this in the hopes that getting it all out on paper (or you know, on a computer screen) will alleviate a bit of the ruckus in my brain. So here it goes.
1) It has been brought to my attention that the Kindle copies of Boy Band had some formatting errors. I did some research on KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) and found out this is a rather common problem, so I went back and uploaded the manuscript myself. Hopefully the errors will be gone, or at least less severe. I remember having similar spacing issues when I published Cemetery Tours.
2) I have a lot of fun events coming up! On Saturday, I’m going to see my friend Paula speak at a writer’s group. I know I’ve mentioned her before, but she’s just published her first children’s book, Jack Learns to Grill, and her next book, Jack Learns about Bullies, should be out within the next month or so!
3) Also on Saturday, I’ve been asked to be a guest at the Colony Library’s Friends of the Library Annual Meeting! I’m so excited and so honored that they would ask! I love that library. It’s a wonderful community and so supportive of local authors.
4) Next week is Authorfest in Denison! I’m a little nervous about it since my Dad won’t be able to attend and it’s a pretty big event, but I think I’ll be able to handle it. I’m a strong independent woman who don’t need no man.
(I do need a cat, though. I don’t think I could survive without a cat).
5) I need books. Lots of books.
6) Sunday I’m going to Scarborough Faire! Yay!
7) It’s World Book Day! Yay!
8) Speaking of books, Boy Band has been selling like crazy! It’s been in the top 15,000 Kindle Bestsellers for three days now, and for a while, was in the top 10,000! Thank you all to everyone who’s read it so far! I love you more than words can say!
And did I mention it’s only $2.99?
9) Yesterday was Earth Day! Happy belated Earth Day, everyone!
10) Lately, I’ve been so inspired to work on the third Cemetery Tours book. I think taking a break from it and focusing on Boy Band for a bit was really good for me. I miss my characters and I’ve got a lot of new songs that are providing inspiration for my haunted world. I can’t wait to get back at it!
For now, however, I need to go pick up my dad. Since he has a hole in his retina, he’s not allowed to drive. The eye doctor was SHOCKED that he’d been driving this whole time!
Hope y’all have a great Thursday! It’s going to be an awesome weekend!