It probably comes as no surprise that I find myself very scatterbrained at the moment. I’m trying my best to concentrate on what needs to be done, but you know, there’s just so much that needs to be done that instead of concentrating on one thing, I end up trying to do three or four things at once, resulting in… nothing, really. Just a lot of crazy.
As you probably know by now, when I find my brain muddled and cluttered, I sort everything out with a list. I find it very therapeutic to literally separate my thoughts. That way, the don’t get all mixed up, kind of the way they are now. It really permits me to focus on one thing at a time. So, here are the things rattling around in my huge head.
* NORTH TEXAS BOOK FESTIVAL THIS SATURDAY! I need to get everything organized. I need to make sure I have everything. I need to set everything out that I need to take. I need to figure out what I’m going to wear (this is a big one)! Get organized, brain! Get organized!
* Keep working on Cemetery Tours 3! Since I’m doing a bit of early revising, I’m going to have to go back and work even harder than I would have had I stayed on track. The good thing about being an independent author and publisher, however, is that I make my own deadlines. And if, for some reason, I miss a deadline, I can choose not to fire myself. Granted, it is very unprofessional to miss deadlines and all the official ones, I work like crazy to keep, but that’s another story.
* Don’t forget other events! Not only my upcoming events, like Authorfest in Denison, but friends’ events! For example, a couple of my friends are speaking at the Melissa Library. My dear friend, Paula, has a couple of book signings coming up that I want to attend! You can check out her blog and her new children’s book, Jack Learns to Grill, here: https://paulawalkerbaker.wordpress.com
* Boy Band is out in less than two weeks. It’s okay. Don’t panic. Breathe. Breathe. You’re excited for this! It’s an awesome book! You love it! Just make sure everything is okay for formatting for Nook and Kindle.
* Don’t forget about you GoodReads Giveaway! You have to have FIVE copies to send to people! https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/129034-boy-band
* BOOK SIGNING AT HALF PRICE! Yay! This is exciting! If you’re in the DFW area, stop by and see me on June 24! https://www.facebook.com/events/1114004495292639/permalink/1114004941959261/
* I am WAY behind on blog posts! I need to post some more Character Interviews as well as an interview featuring Steve Lund, author of Loving Grammar: Mr. Lund’s Guide to Professional Clamdigging. http://lovinggrammar.com
* Oh! And I really need to step up my advertising for Lurking in the Deep! This is a big deal and after everything that’s been going on, I’ve really been neglecting the new anthology. It’s going to be AMAZING, y’all.
* This isn’t really something that I need to be doing or thinking about, but my sister totally got to meet Country Musician Wade Bowen this morning. So jealous.
I think that’s about it. I pray that all your brains be far less messy and cluttered than mine.