Hi, friends! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was very relaxing, yet still somehow kind of productive. I say “kind of” because I never feel like I’m as productive as I want to be/need to be/could be. But you know, for a couple of days where I’m housesitting two houses, taking care of two cats with medical needs, and writing two books, three different short stories, and designing book covers, it could have been a lot worse. OF course, just because I feel like I kind of did stuff over the weekend doesn’t mean I can take a break or even slow down. There is always something that can be done.
1) Reading and reviewing. I have several books on my to-read list, and several of those I hope to review as they are written by fellow indie authors. I finally got to review Heir to the Sun by Jennifer Allis Provost yesterday: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1290975139?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1
2) Tidying up. I am a slob, okay? Total and complete slob. I like to think that when I own my future beach house, I’ll keep it nice, but to be totally honest, I probably won’t. Still, as much as I hate cleaning, I usually do feel a lot better afterward. So who knows? Maybe I’ll take the plunge.
3) Designing book covers. I’m not sure if I’ve told y’all this, but I am redesigning the Cemetery Tours series’ book covers. I plan on re-releasing the first two with the new covers at the same time as After Death on October 6. I’ve been playing around with design ideas and having a lot of fun with it. For those wondering why, I still absolutely love the covers as they are now. They’re beautiful and captivating and people really like them. But they aren’t my images. The photographs on the covers of those books are stock photos. I’d really like to make the books fully my own, and that means using my own images. As the release date draws closer, I’ll be sharing the image designs and ideas to get your opinion. The ones I’m leaning toward right now are actually really pretty, but they still need a bit of work.
4) Working on short stories, not only for submission into anthologies, but for Boy Band! I feel bad for leaving the story on such a cliffhanger, and to apologize for making my readers wait until December to find out what happens, I’ll be publishing a few free short stories here on my blog until December rolls around! No spoilers at all. They’re most stories of what took place before the first book. Just for fun.
5) Preparing for my sister’s and my trip to California NEXT WEEK! What?! How did that sneak up on us so quickly?! I’m not at all ready! But at the same time… I am SO ready!
What does your Monday have in store?