Unlike the majority of my weekends, which are usually spent on Pinterest, in pajamas, and full of chocolate, this past weekend, I actually did stuff!
1. I created the Cemetery Tours FREE Halloween Giveaway! I’ve posted about it before, but I really, really want word to spread and for as many people as possible to take advantage of it, so I’ll be posting it a lot.
RSVP and SHARE! Especially if you have a KINDLE!
2. I finished another one of the books I bought last week at Indievengeance Day. It’s a book of short stories; Sandcastle and Other Stories by Justin Bog. It was excellent. Holy cow. I cannot say enough good things about this book.
Here’s my review on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/739995778
Basically, I say all the same stuff there as I do here. It’s fantastic. Read it.
3. Cemetery Tours received two brand spanking new reviews! That’s not actually anything I did, but I was super excited about them and they definitely inspired me to work more, not only on the Cemetery Tours sequel, but also on the two other works I have going at the moment.
I was particularly proud of this one. I was so thrilled that Ms. Britten mentioned that Michael (my protagonist) is NOT broody. I’ve got to be honest. I hate broody male protagonist. Seriously, I want to smack them upside the head. Man up and get over it!
Anyway, yeah, that review was AWESOME. Thank you, Ms. Britten, wherever you are! 🙂
4. Meg Cabot, aka my writing IDOL, accepted my friend request on GoodReads! I kind of feel like Sheldon Cooper in that episode where he begins playing Words with Friends with Stephen Hawking!
5. Got another picture, this time from North Carolina!
6. I finally bought my tickets to the CATCHING FIRE MIDNIGHT PREMIERE!
I’ve decided that from now until the premiere, I’m going to run up to random people, show them my phone, and whisper, “It starts at midnight!”
7. I’ve already mentioned that I made progress on my writing, but I also began reading another one of the books that I bought last weekend. Confronting the Demon by Ciara Ballintyne. Review to follow shortly. 🙂
Anyway, that was my weekend. I’m actually pretty proud of myself. The only thing I didn’t get done was straightening up around the house, but seriously, with all this other stuff, I’d much rather devote 110% to reading and writing and my book than to tidying up around the house, especially when I’m the only one who sees the mess. Do I care? No. Will I ever care? Not until I find a creature living under the piles of clothes lying around.
Hope everyone is having a good Monday!