Hello, friends. I’m sorry I haven’t been updating as much as I should. Life, as usual, is quite busy. My sister is home for spring break so I’ve been spending as much time with her as I can. We went to see the stage production of The Little Mermaid on Sunday and once again, I cried my eyes out because Ariel is my childhood hero. Then yesterday, we spent the morning at the Arboretum.
It was a beautiful day and the best way to welcome spring.
As for book updates, I’m having so much fun writing the third book in the Boy Band series. I think it’s going to be my favorite. I can’t wait to share it with all of you.
I’m also helping my cousin (whom I only recently connected with on Facebook) publish her book of poetry/memoir.
The photo on the cover is hers as well. It’s been a new experience. This is the first time I will have published a book that is not my own. I’ve spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best way to publish it so that the royalties go directly to her. I think I’ve finally got it all sorted, but it’s been a challenge.
Of course, I’m hoping to one day get to the point where I publish a LOT of books, not just my own and my family members, and I’ve had some requests. The thing is, I can’t work for free. With Margaret, it’s different since she’s family. Even still, I don’t want to be a pay-to-publish company, or a vanity press, if you will. I want my authors to get paid. Unfortunately, I don’t have the sort of money that would allow me to make an offer or a payment up front. I think the best way to do it would be to publish and keep 25% of the royalties while the other 75% go to the author. But that’s not going to happen for a while. I’m still trying to make a name for myself as an author. That’s my ultimate dream.
On the other hand, I am very seriously considering offering my services as a cover designer. I have thousands of images that would work for book covers (NOT stock images) and it’s something I really and truly enjoy.
What do y’all think?